Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In Recovery

The knee replacement surgery was very successful. I am home and undergoing outpatient therapy. I seem to be about a week ahead of the recovery timeline experienced with the first knee, 2.5 years ago. This is based on some diary-like notes I made back then.

The photo is me scurrying around the house on the walker. I probably won’t need the walker much longer. As of this writing, the knee is stable enough to bear full weight walking, for a majority of the time. 3 days ago, that was entirely not true. Status changes very quickly.


Photo 006-2

There’s a lot of reading and paperwork to catch up, plus getting my paper ready for the Mars Society convention in Dallas August 4-7. Until recently, I didn’t feel much like doing any of this. I still need a good long nap after therapy sessions. But, things are good enough now to start taking on those chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment