The first image below is my spreadsheet that tracks 10 hallmarks of a dictatorship. As of this date, I see 8 fully in place, and 2 mostly in place. The secret police force is definitely in place, with them killing both demonized immigrants and US citizens who protest too strongly, plus “detention centers” (concentration camps) where inmates die of neglect. Immigrants are “disappeared” by deportations without due process, instead of gas chambers. Opponents are next!
The second image is my view of the political spectrum as a
circle, not the straight line that
everybody thinks it is! I see free
societies on one side of the circle, and
authoritarian dictatorships on the other side.
There are two paths to the other side,
but once there, there is no
difference in behavior! It does
not matter what they say, only what they
do!
A military leader recently said in public that no troops
would be sent to polling places during the November midterms. Given that Trump has cashiered most of the higher
officers who will not back him, and that
the fact-checking track record says about 100% of Trump’s claims are lies, I do expect to see troops at polling
places in November! If Trump
thinks he is losing control of Congress,
I predict that he will declare martial law and have the troops confiscate
the ballots and voting machines from the polling places!
And THAT will be the final end of a free and democratic
America! On its 250th
birthday!


No comments:
Post a Comment