Sunday, December 18, 2022

White Trash Christmas 2022

This is the 2022 version of a yard decoration we have put up most of (but not all) the years since about 1998 or thereabouts.  It’s intended to be funny,  and we call it “White Trash Christmas”.  We got the “missile toad” up first,  now this,  and soon the living room Christmas tree.  

For the “missile toad”,  see the article dated 7 December 2021 and titled “Christmas Decoration” on this site. 

The tree is an “iron tree” I designed many years ago.  It would be appropriate outdoors,  no matter the circumstances.  It sets up rather quickly,  and you just wind the light string onto it,  Maypole style. 

The “Santa and his sleigh rig” I made this year out of a lawn tractor wagon as the sleigh,  a plastic Santa with an internal light bulb that I have had for many years,  and a trash bag as the bag of toys. 

The reindeer team is a set of plastic lawn flamingoes rigged with internal lights,  and pipe cleaners glued to their heads as antlers.  There are the classic team of eight,  with “Rudolph” out front,  and “Bambi” bringing up the rear.  All of these are labeled with the appropriate names.

Those who know me,  know that I do have a twisted sense of humor (and so does my wife Ellen).  At any rate,  enjoy!   The view is from the shop yard back toward our house. 


Update 1-2-2023:  As of today,  I took the display down for the season.  Partly in response to possible severe weather,  but mostly because it is past New Year's now.  I plan to put it up again next Christmas season,  in one or another form. 


1 comment: