Saturday, December 16, 2023

Christmas Funnies 2023

This is just for fun.  My wife found a funny on the internet that I simply must repost here.  The lights as hung in this city display are just too funny,  given the appropriate modified Christmas song to go with them. 

As many readers know,  I put up a yard display each year that we call “White Trash Christmas”.  It involves some plastic yard flamingoes lit up from inside,  as Santa’s reindeer,  a lit-up plastic Santa,  and something I call the “Iron Christmas Tree”.  There are two views of this posted below,  taken just after sun-down,  Saturday 12-16-2023.  I put a trash bag of recycled cans in the wagon to represent Santa’s magic bag.

There are 10 flamingoes.  Eight are arranged in pairs,  marked and ordered as the eight names from the Christmas tales.  Those would be “Dasher”,  Dancer”,  Prancer”,  and ”Vixen”,  followed by “Comet”, “Cupid”,  “Donner”,  and “Blitzen”.  The lone one out front is labeled “Rudolph”.  The lone one behind is labeled “Bambi”.  Yeah,  I cheated.  But I had 10 yard flamingoes. 

The Iron Tree is something I made many years ago.  It has a PVC pipe center core,  and angled “legs” made of rebar.  The lights get hoisted up and then “may-poled” around,  to cover it. 

The view from more-or-less the side shows this thing set up near my farm shop.  The view from behind shows our house across the driveway from the farm shop. 

By the way,  each flamingo has pipe cleaner “antlers” on his head. 



Update 12-18-2023:  We also put up this year's version of the missile toad. 

And just to let you know that not everything around here is abnormal,  our tree is up,  too.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment